Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fwd: FW: Beware of fake DBS website (PLEASE READ THIS)



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hazel C <i.m.h.a.z.e.l@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Subject: FW: Beware of fake DBS website (PLEASE READ THIS)
To: ~~pansy ~~ <pansy132@gmail.com>


Be careful when using iBanking .


Subject: FW: Beware of fake DBS website


FYI

 .

Pls be aware of this DBS fake website

>Subject: FW: Beware of fake DBS website
>
>
>Dear all,
>
>Last night at around 8:20 pm, I tried to log on to DBS internet
>banking.  I clicked on my Favorites and I was brought to the website
>below.  If you are a DBS i-banking user, you will readily notice that
>this website seems to be different as it is asking you for your
>DBS iB secure PIN right on the first page.   Typically, you will
>only be asked for the DBS iB secure PIN after you have successfully
>keyed in your User ID and Password.  In any case, since I did not
>suspect anything wrong, I keyed in the three numbers required.  After I
>have entered the numbers, a new webpage appeared saying that I should
>wait for the SMS One Time Password (OTP).  I waited for a few seconds
>and none came.
>
>That's when I suspected that something was wrong.  So I called up DBS
>hotline and I was told that the website below is NOT their website. So
>DBS immediately cancelled my i-banking services and verified that none
>of my monies were transferred.
>
>When I used my home computer and my colleague's office computer this
>morning to log on to DBS again, thankfully I was brought to the right
>website.
>
>I think that either my office computer or DBS' website (or both) had
>been compromised.  In any case, I sent DBS a print-screen copy of the
>website as well as details of the URL.  They said they will
>investigate. The customer service officer said that there are some
>cases similar to mine that have been reported to them previously.
>
>
>










--
Best Regards,
Zaw Myo Tun

No comments:

Post a Comment