Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fwd: FW: Beware of fake DBS website



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thiha Zaw Lin <blanklay@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:24 PM
Subject: Fwd: FW: Beware of fake DBS website
To: Phyo Pyae Ko Ko <phyopyae@gmail.com>, koungkoung@gmail.com, Thetwai <thetwai2000@gmail.com>




---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thiha <thihazzz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM
Subject: Fwd: FW: Beware of fake DBS website
To:


FYI
http://www.dbs.com.sg/sg/personal/ibanking/additionalinfo/security/phishing/Pages/default.aspx



> Subject: Beware of fake DBS website

> Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:27:40 +0800
>
> Fwd email..
>
> Last night at around 8:20 pm, I tried to log on to DBS internet banking. I
> clicked on my Favorites and I was brought to the website below. If you are
> a DBS i-banking user, you will readily notice that this website seems to be
> different as it is asking you for your DBS iB secure PIN right on the first
> page. Typically, you will only be asked for the DBS iB secure PIN after
> you have successfully keyed in your User ID and Password. In any case,
> since I did not suspect anything wrong, I keyed in the three numbers
> required. After I have entered the numbers, a new webpage appeared saying
> that I should wait for the SMS One Time Password (OTP). I waited for a few
> seconds and none came.
>
> That's when I suspected that something was wrong. So I called up DBS
> hotline and I was told that the website below is NOT their website. So DBS
> immediately cancelled my i-banking services and verified that none of my
> monies were transferred.
>
> When I used my home computer and my colleague's office computer this
> morning to log on to DBS again, thankfully I was brought to the right
> website.
>
> I think that either my office computer or DBS' website (or both) had been
> compromised. In any case, I sent DBS a print-screen copy of the website as
> well as details of the URL. They said they will investigate. The customer
> service officer said that there are some cases similar to mine that have
> been reported to them previously.
>
>
>
> (Embedded image moved to file: pic09877.jpg)
>
> ____________________________________________________
>
>
>
> This email is confidential and intended only for the use of the individual
> or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us
> immediately by return email or telephone and destroy the original message.
> - This mail is sent via Sony Asia Pacific Mail Gateway..


check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.41/2136 - Release Date: 05/26/09 20:20:00




No comments:

Post a Comment